Old 27-05-2005, 01:41 PM
Derek Broughton

Reel Mckoi wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote:
That's definitely one of my concerns. I have no plans for fish (between

the
huge numbers of herons, kingfishers, cormorants and ospreys - though I
can't imagine an osprey hitting something that small - and the lack of
power for filtration) but I don't want my lily tubers to freeze.

They sell submersible aquarium heaters you can use to drop to the bottom
and
keep a frost free zone. Two or three should do it. They come in many
choices of watts and quality.

LOL. Not much of a choice for me - the "lack of power for filtration" is
because I live off-grid, now. Basically, take your average power bill,
divide the electricity you used by 10 and that's probably in the vicinity
of how much power I have to play with. It doesn't get used for things like
ponds :-) So insulation is the way to go for this project.
--
derek