Old 22-12-2002, 10:07 AM
Martin Sykes

Default Peanuts for Birds

............. Don't fool yourself that wild life is dependent upon us.
Remove humanity from the planet and the wildlife will celebrate.

True. I can't think of anything which owes its survival to us that couldn't
also credit us with its plight in the first place. Personally, I'm trying to
keep a'a few birds' alive through the winter so they can breed next year and
help to keep my pests down. Once the plants are established in my garden
though ( I moved into a brand new development last year), and there is
plenty of natural food, I'll stop feeding as well so that I can get a more
natural equilibrium.

Martin.