Old 27-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Victoria Clare

Janet Tweedy wrote in
:

Last night we had a talk on @indoor gardening'. Not my cup of tea but
still some members enjoyed it.
Anyway question was asked about growing orchids and Nursery manager from
"biggest Plant centre in country (in Ware)" advised that you grow
orchids in clear flower pots as their roots need to see the light.
Members pointed out that her orchid was still flowering after 24 months
but was in ordinary pot but that was pooh poohed as good luck.

My 3 phalenopsis orchids are all flowering well in normal pots as well.

Having said that, they tend to 'walk' and all have roots out of the pots
and wandering around the dining room, so perhaps they are getting their
daylight that way!

Haven't had the miltoniopsis long enough to say, but it has flowered well
so far, again in a normal pot. (I was kind of expecting it to just keel
over on my windowsill, but it seems to be doing OK)

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall