Old 27-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Nicole H

Used coffee is a good source of nitrogen. Contrary to popular belief, it's
already lost most of its acidity during the brewing process.
I mix used coffee (Starbucks gives away grounds for free) in with my
compost. You can compost it and the paper filters also.
"Ablang" wrote in message
news
I mix them with grass seed and it seems guaranteed to grow
grass because the coffee grounds are like starter sod, they retain
moisture better than dirt, and the coffee grounds act as a fertilizer
of sorts.

===
"Until last October, Christ had a very limited involvement in my

life. I believed in God; I just never had to prove I believed. Belief is
an absence of proof."
-- Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling