Old 27-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Ottawa

I got the same problem with a few of my plants. I have them in 8-10 " pots.
It is supposed to be raining a lot today. Should I have taken them in?
Also, is a cage necessary for cherry tomatoes? My plants are about 20" tall
now but no flowers or anything. Should I worry? Someone told me its because
I need to pollinate them with another plant?
"Alan" wrote in message
ups.com...
A couple of weeks ago I planted out my tomato plants into containers on
a south facing patio. Now I've noticed one of the plants is wilting. It
seems to recover if moved into shade. It's ok for water.
Anyone an idea what could cause this. I've read about virus's causing
wilting, but usually its describing the symptoms at a later stage in
the plants growth. The plant is only about 30cm tall, and I've used
fresh compost from the garden center, although the cheapest 'compost' I
could buy.
Thanks, Alan.