Old 27-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Rolling Thunder

On Thu, 26 May 2005 23:16:21 -0500, "cat daddy"
wrote:

"Kayla" wrote in message
news
Could somebody please tell me if epsom salts are used to feed roses
and what strength do I make the solution.

Fertilize with Epsom Salts
http://doityourself.com/fertilizer/f...epsomsalts.htm

The History and Science of Epsom Salts
What Our Testers Found
Recent Studies of Epsom Salts

Roses
Many rosarians agree that Epsom salts produces more new canes at the bottom
of the plant (bottom breaks) and darker green foliage. Recommendations on
how much to use vary, but generally you can apply 1/2 cup of granules in
spring before buds first begin to open and 1/2 cup in fall before leaves
drop. Apply a foliar spray (1 tablespoon per gallon of water per foot of
shrub height) after the leaves open in spring and again at flowering.

What's your take on alfalfa tea with epsom salts?

Thunder