Old 27-05-2005, 06:03 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Tumbleweed wrote:
"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote in message

Fortunately, in order to register, you are compelled to give an
address and phone number - this toerag had used his parents'
landline (without their permission - they're ex-directory). So I
called, spoke to his mother (and his grandmother!) who was totally
shocked (the computer is his own and is in his bedroom, they don't
know the half of what he does on it) and promised to read him the
riot act when he got back from his Saturday job. She called me back
and told me he had refunded me £200 - the £150 he stole and £50 as
compensation for defrauding me. Had I not had his number, I would have
handed it straight to the
police - and he'd probably be wearing an orange boiler suit by now!

if only that was the case..first of all the police almost certainly
wouldnt investigate, and at most he'd probably get a conditional
discharge and possibly not even any attempt for recompense.

My boyfriend was more optimistic (but maybe they're a cut above on
Merseyside...)