Old 28-05-2005, 01:48 AM
~Roy~

Default Keyoff current flow on 97 GMC

I have a 97 GMC 1500 with factory radio / CD player. Today my battery
died. Prior to this for some time now I head a noise which resembles a
fan or blower running under the dash panel. So after fooling with
thew alternator today, I started to lok for the noise. It was pulling
current and made quite a large spash when the battery terminal was
connected. I pulled all fuses and relays until it stopped, and its on
the one radio circuuit. I have two fuses marked:
RADIO
RADIO BATTERY

When I pull the RADIO BAT fuse, the noise stops, and also kills radio
and clock and CD player........SO what is in there that can be
running? I do not recall it doing this when I first got this truck? Is
there a cooling fan for the radio and clock? I would not think so ,
but one can never tell with todays vehicles. ANy info or help is
greatly appreciated as to what I need to look for on this circuit that
is pulling down the battery and making the noise.

Regards