Old 28-05-2005, 03:03 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On 27 May 2005 08:53:38 -0700, "nortyler" wrote:

I am thinking of installing one of these skimmers and am wondering if
they work well? I thought one of you may have one in your pond already.
I am going to split the intake of a 3500 gph pump between a Tetra
bottom vac and the skimmer.
I am wondering if anyone has any easy method for anchoring anachris?
This will be the one impediment to the leaves getting to the skimmer. I
currently have a giant tangle of it floating on the pond surface. I do
not think a hoop will look right and the bottom of my pond is just a
liner, no rocks. Does anachris root or is it just a floater?

I love the no-niche skimmer design, I use it on my home pond and at the
demo garden pond. I think you'll get really good result with 3500 gph. I
only have 1500 gph at home and 1800 at the D.pond, yet it works.

As far as anacharis, stick the ends into some gravel or river rock in a
pot, it does make anchor roots. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~