Old 28-05-2005, 05:29 AM

Default Compost beatsies (again)

I've always had slaters and worms and various crawlies in my little
black Kmart-type compost bin, and they've all worked together to make me
some nice rich dirt.

However, in the last week, when I turn over a few forkfuls of stuff, I
unearth MANY curl-grubs - like 40 in about three minutes! There are
clusters of the fat little buggers!

This can't be good. In the past there have been one or two turn up at
the bottom of the compost, but now they're all through the middle. A
couple is easy to remove when putting the compost on the garden, but
what about the dozens and dozens I'm finding now?

Any useful thoughts on what I should do???

Regards,
Mark.