Old 28-05-2005, 09:59 AM
HC

G'day James

Now don't laugh....but on our local radio station a couple of years ago
there was a gardening program on Sun mornings, it was run by a lady who
owned a local nursery at the time (it has since been sold) and her
advice for any problem trees such as yours was to hit them quite hard,
several times with a piece of 4" x 2" timber. Make sure you use the
flat side so as not to damage the bark....was her advice. She swore it
worked and quite often listeners would phone back some weeks/months
later and say it worked on their problem trees too.

I've never tried it, nor know anyone who has, but it came to mind when I
just read your post.......I said not to laugh and listen to you!!!
ROFLMHO

Bronwyn ;-)

james dawson wrote:
Hi,

I have 2 lemon trees.
Both purchased at the same time, the same variety (eureka).

They get the same amount of care and have identical soil and and climate
conditions (full sun and 4 meters apart)

They are 4 years old.

THE PROBLEM
One tree is producing plenty of fruit (currently I count 20 lemons). The
other produces nothing.
The dud tree has far less flowers than the other and the flowers bare no
fruit.

Do I replace it?