Old 28-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Kay

In article , Warwick
writes
Oh dear. My primary means of escape from IT (apart from my delightful almost
2 year old DD) is cooking. I'm not too bad at it. Some of my prize
possesions in the kitchen are a couple of very thick based pans and three
Sabatier knives that are always razor sharp. While I admit that they'd be
deadly if used as a weapon, the cheap and mostly blunt 'sharp' knives that
I come across when cooking at the homes of friends are downright dangerous
to use as knives. How am I supposed to bone a joint without a long pointed
knife?

Of course, if pointed kitchen knives are banned, the headlines in a few
years time will read '50% of all stabbings caused by barbecue forks ...'

--
Kay