Old 28-05-2005, 06:38 PM
J Fortuna

Default leaf or spike

Some of you may recall that last September I acquired a paph malipoense in
very low spike (so low that I wasn't sure at first whether it was a leaf or
a spike), and then it spiked forever, and it bloomed, and I am mighty fond
of that malipoense. Well, it's new growth has grown nicely to be as big or
bigger than its old one, and now it's got something new coming up inside the
new growth. Dare I hope for a new spike? or is it just a new leaf? David
says that he'd be shocked if it is in spike again, remembering a comment
made by someone here that paph malipoense flowers in a geological timespan,
or something like that. I however am inclined to be optimistic, and hope
that it is a spike. I will let you know if it is.

Joanna