Old 28-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Kay

In article , Broadback
writes
Alan Gould wrote:

In article ws.net,
Oxymel of Squill writes

growing my first crop, seem to have a bit of a potential glut. Anyone have
advice on storage? I'm a rustic householder without the sort of facilities,
barns, cellars etc) you'd find on the farm or nursery

They need to be stored in a cool, dry, frost free place away from any
daylight. Before storing, go through the crop and put aside any tubers
that are damaged for first use. Inspect the stored tubers occasionally
for any signs of rot or disease.

I always get used paper potatoes sacks from the local greengrocer who
happily gives them away. I then follow Janet's instructions, except
storing them in the sacks in the garage. I tried using hessian sacks,
found they let the light in and the potatoes greened. :-(

Not a permanent problem, because if you put them in the dark, they go
back white.
--
Kay