Old 28-09-2002, 02:01 PM
Sylvester

Default Removing Council Owned Trees?

"Top Cat" wrote in message
news:vjhl9.751$Op4.96001@newsfep2-gui...
I've got a very large Silver Birch tree just outside my boundary. It's on

council owned verge, overhangs my property, and the sap makes a hell of

the
mess of my car when parked on the driveway, it's a bloody nuisance!. Do

you
think as if I asked the council they would be obliged to remove it and

plant
something else more appropiate?

P.S. I'm a private householder.

I don't know about getting rid of the whole tree whether or not they re
plant it somewhere else...
I think from the earlier threads about this type of situation if it was your
neigbhour's tree and it overhanged on your property you would be allowed to
ask him "to cut" what is on or over your property and if he refused I think
I recall you would be allowed to cut it yourself (after making sure you have
asked in writign and recorded delivery or somehting similar so you have a
record of asking for it...)

Maybe do a search on deja.com for "tree over property" it comes up with a
few...

Vester
I am not a lawyer and I may be wrong