Old 28-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

An adult frog might be too big for a normal domestic duck.

I've often seen both ducks and hens catch and eat adult frogs. A couple
of birds squabbling over the same delicacy will peck a big frog to bits
very fast.

When I was about six I was very distressed when I saw one of the Ole
Man's hens eating a mouse. I was the more distressed because by going to
see my ducklings, [99] I had frightened the mouse into the run,
whereupon a posse of Rhode Island Reds converged on it, and the lucky
one legged it, pursued by half a dozen others.

I wouldn't eat an egg for days.

[99] http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/dux.jpg

--
Rusty