Old 29-05-2005, 04:48 AM
Aprill Allen

Default Household waste

Hi all,

I live on 75 acres in NSW with no garbage collection. I'm too lazy to go to
the tip all the time so would like to dispose/recycle/bury as much as I can
on the land - as long as it is beneficial. I've got a compost heap already..
I plan to have some chooks eventually so they can take care of meat scraps.
But what about the other things that won't compost? I remember hearing
somewhere that you can bury cans and they'll release trace elements into the
soil. Is that true? Are any of you in the same boat WRT no garbage
collection?

...aprill