Old 29-05-2005, 04:01 AM
Bill

"ZebraPl3co" Spaketh Thusly:

Why don't you just boil it several times to leech and kill off
whatever's in the drifwood?
I do bleaching alot and I find that my pleco and javamoss tend to stay
away from the bleached wood. Even after it's been in the tank for 1/2
year.

In my case it would require going out and buying a pot at least as big as the
5 gallon buckets I use to soak. Not practical for the larger pieces.
Besides, how long would you have to boil a piece of wood to kill whatever is
inside of it? I'm not worried about bugs in holes, I've never seen that in
salt water driftwood, and fish like bugs anyway.

--
Bill H. [my "reply to" address is real]
www.necka.net