Old 28-09-2002, 03:38 PM
David J Clarke

Default Removing Council Owned Trees?

| Any letter written to the Council MUST be replied to in a set time so
| they must respond to your complaint. 'That' opens a file on the case.

Fine, why not do it without the 'attitude' that you would normally keep in reserve using the normal channels?

| The reply should come that they are talking to their contractors, or,
| depending on the Council, they may send someone round to see within 48
| hours.
|
| and add that you will accept no responsibility if the tree dies or is
| | effected in any way by your lawful action if you do have to do it
| | yourself. Have the letter delivered by recorded delivery.
|

| Thin ice, all the way here I think.
|
| 'You think' :-))

Yes, sometimes. Coucil folk consist of relativelt normal people trying to do their job within there own ridiculous constraints of
the council (I say ridiculous, but they will have good reason for it, I'm sure)

| |
| | Copy the letter to the Council Ombudsman and the Citizens Advice Bureaux
|

| ...and be embarrased when they ask for evidence of following the protocols for
| complaints.
|

| Copy the letter.

Yes, ok, copy the letter - but to what aim? These people wont help you unless you try to help yourself, and you wont do that by
starting off from a beligerant standpoint.

| I think your logic is great, but flawed throughout. Sorry.
|
| It has worked for me in the past, I can only suppose you have not had
| the experience at chasing Councils and large organisations.

I have, and I found that councils are accountable. Banks, Insurance companies and BT do not appear to be, and
your suggested approach is a good starting point - faceless instituitons need a good wallop, frequently.

| When the gates are all down and the signals are flashing
| The whistle is screaming in vain,
| If you stay on the tracks ignoring the facts
| You can't blame the wreck on the train.

I hear what you're saying, but we're talking about an overgrown tree here....