Old 29-05-2005, 05:36 AM
JimS.

"Gail Futoran" wrote in message
"Rolling Thunder" wrote in message
I read on a bulletin board that alfalfa tea is good for roses?
Anything else?

Thunder

You mean fertilizers in general? Or recipes for
alfalfa tea in particular? I use it twice yearly and
then a mix of organic (seaweed, fish emulsion)
and commercial stuff (Miracle Gro) during the
growing season.

snip
Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Gail,

How do you make your alfalfa tea? I have a huge bag of alfalfa meal, and I
don't have much patience for digging it into the soil around the rose,
especially my large potted ones. I'd rather pour it into the soil in the
form of tea. Do you do anything special, or just fill up a container of
water and dump in a bunch of alfalfa meal? How long do you need to let it
"brew"?

Thanks

JimS.
Seattle
(another) Zone 8, very different from Gail's!