Old 29-05-2005, 02:48 PM

This is not necessarily a wal-mart problem. I have noticed problems
with prunus species that have been overwintered in hoop houses. We had
several varieties that leafed out, then melted down and died. There
was no new root growth at all. Im not sure what causes this, but we
had cherries that came from willoway nurseries, overwintered outdoors,
and looked great. Something about the higher temps in the frames is
killing them off, then they use the carbohydrates they have left to
leaf out and start growing. When they run out of carbs, they die.

Toad