Old 28-09-2002, 04:22 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Removing Council Owned Trees?

"Top Cat" wrote in
news:hril9.895$Op4.110994@newsfep2-gui:

"Sacha" wrote in message
stand by to be sued by anyone ...
who objects to you
damaging that beautiful tree which they own just as much as you do,
being rate payers etc. etc. ;-(

I think it's stretching it a bit to call a Silver Birch a beautiful

I think a silver birch *in the right place* is one of the most beautiful of
trees: a copse of them in spring underplanted with bluebells and primroses
is a glorious thing. Probably my second favorite tree (after beech, and
you don't want one of them right next to your drive either...)

http://www.treesforlife.org.uk/tfl.birch.html and say they aren't
beautiful!

Not to minimise your problem, but I think Sacha is right to point out that
your neighbours may have another view of it.