Old 29-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Sterling

Propagation: cut back the bloom stalk after the blooms are finished.
Take a piece of the stalk about 3-4" long leaving two leaves at the top
and just stick it right into the ground up to the leaves. You need to
use the stiffer stalks but they really grow.

No root hormone, no babying. Not all will make it but I ended up with
too many! Also if you dig up the base and divide into small plants,
those will grow too.

I have the 'apple blossom' pink which bleaches to white with a tiny pink
center in the full sun of Atlanta, and I have the fuchsia.

Cereus-validus..... wrote:
It got there from errant seed. It probably hitchhiked in the pot of some
other plant you got. Its one example that not all weeds are bad.

The plant is a short lived perennial that easily establishes itself from
seed.

I have the original fuchsia color flowered form and I encourage it to reseed
itself by shaking the mature seed capsules over a desired spot I want it to
grow. The plants are self pollinating and produce many mature seed capsules.

"Warren" wrote in message
news
wrote:

Lychnis coronaria Alba???

Yeah. That's it!

I'm still not sure how it got there, and not anywhere else. And I'm a
little amazed that it picked a good spot, too.

Thanks!

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
What's on TV? See the new fall network schedules online:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/tele.../fall2005.html