Old 29-05-2005, 03:17 PM
Phil L

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

::
:: I really can't let that pass unremarked: Moneymaker, if given
:: loving care and lots of proper feed is almost edible, otherwise
:: it's about as appetising as a wet dishcloth. In my estimation it's
:: a weed.
::
Each to his own I suppose! - I like MM in cooked dishes, especially curries
and chillis....I've grown Shirley this year and they are a good all round
tom, cooking, salads sandwiches etc - I've never actually grown MM, but my
dad used to grow them on and off along with a few other varieties.

:: Shirley though, is excellent. Alicante (in the Moneymaker family)
:: is also IMO of good flavour. I don't like the little tomatoes much
:: as the skins tend to be very tough.
::

I like a tomato with a bit of tang, hence my recommendation for partially
ripened ones with melted cheddar!

--
If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs.