Old 29-05-2005, 08:38 PM
spakker

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
spakker wrote:
I have got into gardening over the last two years. I am planning

some
re-building work and have put most of my plants into pots-upto
well as the top.

Silly question, but just in case, and no offence meant: the
containers do all have good drainage holes, don't they?

Some of the plants may now need repotting in fresh mixture and maybe
a rather bigger pot.

--
Mike.

Thanks for reply -I did nearly kill a fatsia japonica by omitting drainage
holes -but it has recovered - I've the B&Q type fertilizer and maybe I
should apply it more often-. Pots range upto bigger than half - dustbin
size-tubs with rope handles. The washing - up liquid method to wet dry soil
sounds good -is the washing-up liquid harmful?