Old 30-05-2005, 12:12 AM
Sue Marsh

I have to put my two cents in about this. I have shown goats, rabbits,
guinea pigs, chickens, ducks, birds, etc (bunch of critters). I've NEVER
shown at a show that charges entrance fees for visitors-simple reason being
we wanted as many people as possible to show up. $5 for parking? ok. $5 to
walk in and look? Very few people would pay that. How did the shows survive?
Simple-the people entering the animals to show paid a fee per animal, the
vendors paid a fee to exhibit their wares, etc. The showers made their money
back on selling animals and supplies and premiums (for the shows that had
them). But never a fee paid by people just looking. Charging just to walk in
the door drives people away unless it's like a $1 donation or something
small, IMHO. I'm jealous of those of you who went !

Susan L. Marsh
Susan's Zoo Crew

http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/g...ave/direct/01/

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++