Old 29-05-2005, 11:02 PM
Jan Flora

In article ,
luriko wrote:

I recently read an ad for containers used to plant tomatoes. Thing is
you plant them upside down.
The pots are inverted and you hang them.. They say it eliminates the
need for staking the plant up and they get more sun. Has anyone ever
planted tomatoes upside down? If so did it actually work? I sounds
like an interesting concept. I'd like to try it but I am a bit
hesitant to try it with many plants in case it doesn't work.

I saw those planting bags for sale in some seed catalogs this
winter, so I started extra tomato seeds. Am going to try to hang
some big, black plastic (nursery) pots and plant the 'maters
to come through the big, center drain hole in the pots.

The fun part about gardening is experimenting with new ideas and
plants every year : )

Jan
USDA Zone 3, Alaska

--
The way to a man's heart is between the fourth and the fifth rib.