Old 29-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Paul

Thanks, didn't think of that, bowing. I have one more question. Does it
matter if the Bio-media is stacked high, like 5 to inches thick? or spread
out more and only 2 to 3 inches thick/high in a container.Which would build
more beneficial bacteria. Thanks
"~ janj JJsPond.us" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 May 2005 13:00:24 -0400, "Paul" wrote:

I was thinking of using a 30gal tall rubbermaid container and install a
chamber for brushes as first stage, then have it spill over to two more
stages. The second would be a medium course padding then it will trickle
down below to bio-media and exit back to pond. I should have mentioned a
UV
light as the very first stage.Everything else mentioned follows in order.
Would this give enough filtration???? Thanks...............Paul

How big is the pond, how many fish and type(s), how many plants? 30
gallons
will do an average 300 gallon pond. Average meaning: a few too many
goldfish, and plants.

I filter my 1,000 gallon Lily pond with a 40 gallon planter, but it is
heavily planted w/over a dozen lilies, 2 lotus, 4 Iris, Lizard Tail, and
anacharis. No fish currently, a gazillion tadpoles. Water is clear, but
the
pH took off again, and thus so has the string algae. But I can see the
bottom, so a little filter with a small load can manage.

If this rubber maid isn't normally used to contain water (like their stock
tanks) it will bow out and crack if not install in the ground for support.
~ jan

See my Lily Pond:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~