Old 30-05-2005, 12:23 AM
Rick

Tell me more about the good and bad. I always thought that it was string
algae and not so good. I have some growing at the end of the waterfall. It's
on the rock and just floats and sways with the water. It the color of a pine
tree (I guess) and has a hairy fill to it. I've been pulling it out every
two the three days.

"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yup, algae that grows on things, substrate, and
is short, is good for the pond. Long, stringy stuff
gets in the way and not desired.

The short green stuff helps balance the pond and is a sign
of a healthy pond. Algae is a fact of life in water, there is
algae in the artic, it is part of the base of the food chain
that keeps the planet ticking... as ponds we should be
nicer to algae ;-) within limits though!

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com