Old 30-05-2005, 01:47 AM
Wilmdale

Hey Rick!
When I got rid of my lava rock, I switched to the floor scrubber pads.
You can order them on line. They are pretty inexpensive and seem to be
working great!
When you cut them to the size you want, be sure to wear gloves. :-)
W. Dale

Rick wrote:

So I put in that second pond this year and had problems with my water not
clearing up.

So I put in a bigger pump and a Skippy filter. The pump is a 3000GPH and
the Skippy a 100 stock tank. Of course I couldn't find that filter stuff
so I used lava rock. I can change it every year if need be till I find a
better filter material. Three days and my pond is clearer then bottle water
and maintenance free. I'm loving it.

"Courageous" wrote in message
.. .

Ooops, sorry. I took the word literally.
The originator did indicate " I also added a bog filter about 5 X 2 X 1.5
feet"

Sure. Note the upwell of water from the pond. This water will be
oxygenated:
aerobic bacteria, in other words.

C//