Old 30-05-2005, 07:16 AM
Reiner Goebel

Nina wrote:

Jim Lewis wrote:
Hoist one for me, please.

You bet we did, Jim. Unfortunately, the best we could do was Sam
Adams.....

You could do worse than that. It's available here, and I occasionally
buy it as a special treat. It's a great beer.

The bonsai convention was great fun on Saturday, with a remarkable
number of IBC'ers in attendance. I was a little disappointed that the
exhibit contained more rocks than trees- is this because of quarantine
restrictions? I got an earful from everybody about quarantine
restrictions!!!!!

Really? They make perfect sense to me.

Gotta stop them al-Qaida microbes from entering GOC. Of course, the real
intent is to cut out competition from Canadian bonsai. ;-)

I understand there are plans for installing a continent-wide underground
barrier to keep worms from crossing the border. 'They' haven't quite
figured out yet what to do about Canadian mosquitoes crossing the border
for bloodier pastures. ;-)

Pretty soon the only thing that will be allowed to cross the longest
hitherto undefended border in a southerly direction will be Canadian oil
and gas.

Here's the hot scoop on pots (please pass this news on to Reiner):

John Biel did. ;-)

Pink is the new blue. I was told by a pot dealer that pink is very
popular now in Japan, but wasn't selling very well in the US.

Well, Nina, you should have been suspicious of a dealer with an
inventory of pink pots feeding you that line. ;-)

Nina, who bought a pot of pale salmon pink and is very happy with it.

That's the main thing. Why not show it on the pot gallery? With a red
pine in it, maybe? ;-)

Reiner