Old 30-05-2005, 07:03 AM
Dick Adams

"RWL" GeoLane_NOSPAM_ @evenlink.com wrote:

I bought a 4-on-1 sweet cherry tree at Wal Mart in central PA in late
March / early April and was reasonably diligent about watering it, but
the leaves withered and died and there's been no new growth. Today
(Memorial Day weekend) I ran down to a different Wal Mart. They had
two dwarf Bing cherry trees left. Both looked about the same as mine.
One was completely dead and the other's central leader was the only
part left with any green leaves. I poked my finger into the root ball
/ soil and it was moist. Anybody else notice the same thing? Are Wal
Mart's cherry trees diseased, or is the root system so limited that
you have to keep the ground soaked to keep them from dying?
What happened?

I do not buy plants from WalMart or Home Depot or anyone else who
is not a nursery. But, I will buy equipment from WalMart and Home
Depot.

Dick