Old 30-05-2005, 03:20 AM
Reel McKoi

"Rick" wrote in message
nk.net...
So I put in that second pond this year and had problems with my water not
clearing up.

So I put in a bigger pump and a Skippy filter. The pump is a 3000GPH and
the Skippy a 100 stock tank. Of course I couldn't find that filter stuff
so I used lava rock. I can change it every year if need be till I find a
better filter material. Three days and my pond is clearer then bottle

water
and maintenance free. I'm loving it.

I tried using lavarock in a homemade filter some years ago. It clogged too
fast and was a bummer to try and clean. It weighed a ton when clogged with
"pond gunk." I use filter pads now with bio-squares that came with the
Tetra filters. Although the water "greens up" now and then it always clears
by itself.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.