View Single Post
  #5   Report Post  
Old 30-05-2005, 10:26 AM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: May 2005
Angry

[I just walked in to my garden to discover that my 12 year old yorkshire terrier has dug out the newly planted bedding plants from a container on the desking. I have had to replant them and remove the chew stick that she has buried. The dog just stood there and give me a look as much as to say Why are you disturbing my chew stick. She walk off and give me another backwards glance of contempt. Why is it that I have a large garden , full of beds but she always choses to dig in the containers. I think we both have the same problem but I unfortunately do not have an answer! Sorry Stephanie R QUOTE=Arman]Hi All,

I usually lurk around here and this is my very first post. I have recently taken up container gardening in my rooftop (its a rented apartment) and I DO NOT have a green thumb. However after 3 months of trying, I now I have reasonably good looking plants that I have managed not to kill from watering too much or too little. In fact they had bloomed so I presumed that I was doing well. Now my dogs have dug up half my garden. They have dug out the plants, chewed on them (they are canine safe), dug out all the soil from the pots and basically killed my plants.

this isn't the first time this has happened, but usually they would target one plant and cease such destructive activities when i moved the offending plant to some place they don't have access too. but now this is too much, they've dug up ALL the plants they could get their paws on ... grrrrr!!

so i guess what i am asking is ... has anyone out there had this problem? and what did you do about it? how do i get them to keep their paws off my containers? i have 2 dogs and i love to death i would rather give up gardening then my dogs, but i would love a solution that would enable them to co-exist.

Thanks in advance,
Arman.[/quote]