Old 30-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Jumbuck

Cheers Mark and very much appreciate your response Dave.

Don't know if I have the live-plant eating varity of curl grub or to just
try and ignore them?

Might take a sample to the Dept Primary Industry, have them positively
identified and go from there...

I will let the group know if I get any the wiser.
Regards,
Jumbuck.

"M" wrote in message
.. .
Well, thanks all.

I'm most inclined towards Chookie's idea, but unfortunately the rotten
bloody local cats (thanks to their inconsiderate and unthinking bloody
owners) (don't get me started!) would make short work of any pet chooks.

I think I'll just leave them, and do a cull when I eventually spread the
compost around.

(Interestingly, I fed a heap to the maggies some time ago - they ate one
or two, but wouldn't take any more. They left me with half a tin of the
wriggling pver-sized maggots. Too many to use a Blundstone on. Eventually
bagged them and binned them. Yuk.)

Mark.