Old 30-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Mark Anderson

In article says...
You don't have to spend money on fancy containers to try this. I am
using 1 gal ice cream buckets for patio tomato plants. For regular size
plants use 5 gal buckets. Fill bucket with soil, put lid on and turn
upside down. Drill or cut 2 - 2 1/2" dia hole in center of bottom.
Plant tomatoe plant in this hole. After a few days turn bucket right
side up, remove lid and hang.

This is interesting. I was under the assumption that 5 gallon buckets
were too small of a container to grow tomatoes yet they seem pretty
robust in your picture. Does growing upside down allow for the use of
smaller containers or does your plant still not produce as much fruit had
it been placed in a much larger container?