Old 30-05-2005, 08:11 PM
axemanchris

"Arman" wrote in message

Vox Humana Wrote:

You can try putting some hardware cloth *available at any hardware
store)
over the soil. The dogs probably will be put-off by the texture.
Also, pet
stores sell repellant sprays to keep dogs away from areas. I'm not
sure
they work very well, but they are inexpensive and you might give it a
try.
My neighbors put mothballs in their container and claim it keeps the
wildlife away. I find the smell unpleasant and it drifts into my yard.
Again, you might try, but if you have close neighbors, you might talk
them first.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I am going to give it a shot. First
the hardware cloth, then the mothballs. One question tho, is mothballs
safe for both the plants & the dogs? Wouldn't want it to cause more
harm then good.

Thanks again,
Arman.

p.s. Mothballs used to keep my cats off from plants but they never
showed any tendency to chew on them .. but i am sure the dogs will be a
different story.

--
Arman

Mothballs are poison. Not safe at all for dogs or for people. My dogs will
eat anything, so mothballs are something I would never put where they could
access them.

Jacqui