Old 30-05-2005, 08:41 PM
WRabbit

datsy wrote:
First time ever growing veg so this should be interesting!

Snap! And also in containers on the patio - it was Monty Don's
inspiration on GW. So far I've got carrots (small round ones), baby
turnips, beetroot, spring onions - white and red, asparagus peas
(anybody have any experience with these taste-wise?) from seed and
lots of different herbs in pots from the garden centre. Hope to have
dwarf French/runner beans, round baby courgettes, baby squash.

Crikey! You've gone for it wholesale. I'd already decided to try some veg
this year when GW stole the idea from me

Asparagus peas are lovely - my grandfather has grown them for a few years.
I hope you enjoy them.

I've gone for the more 'decorative' veg, working on the basis that if I
don't get anything edible at least they'll look pretty. We can compare
notes through the season. Depending on how things go this year I might be a
bit more ambitious next year.
--
NK
Follow spamtrap instructions to reply