Old 30-05-2005, 11:26 PM
Vox Humana

"yourbuster" wrote in message
. ..
I agree that there is too much branding and marketing done for old plants
that should be sold because of how well it does in the garden. New plants
do require upscale marketing to get the attention they deserve, but if

they
perform as well in the garden as they are promoted then they should sell
themselves without the higher cost of branding.

Just a note about PW, they only sell the growers rooted cuttings and not
unrooted. So the freight on 400 plugs was around $63 the last time we
purchased PW's two years ago. Now we do only unrooted cuttings from

Simply
Beautiful and pay about $32 freight for 3000 cuttings. Most companies

with
plants in the PW line are also withdrawing and not adding new items, that

is
why you see more and more ordinary plants being added to PW.

The only premium cost that I consider to be necessary are the royalties

for
patented plants. Though some are high, from $0.04 to $6.00, someone spent
years if not a lifetime working on breeding the plant.

My two cents....

I don't begrudge anyone a return on their investment, but I am seeing things
like the sweet potato vine being sold under the PW brand. I find that sort
of insulting or patronizing.