Old 28-09-2002, 11:39 PM
R. Mark Clayton

Default Removing Council Owned Trees?

"Top Cat" wrote in message
news:vjhl9.751$Op4.96001@newsfep2-gui...
I've got a very large Silver Birch tree just outside my boundary. It's on

council owned verge, overhangs my property, and the sap makes a hell of

the
mess of my car when parked on the driveway, it's a bloody nuisance!. Do

you
think as if I asked the council they would be obliged to remove it and

plant
something else more appropiate?

P.S. I'm a private householder.

Ask the Council to lop it first - this will save you the trouble, but
remember they will be pretty slow to act.

If they refuse or just don't then proceed as described elsewhere in the
thread to cut it back to the boundary, however check first that it does not
have a Tree Preservation Order. If your house is relatively new check for
covenants / planning conditions limiting your right to cut trees for a few
years (e.g. ten).