Old 30-05-2005, 09:21 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

Thank you for your advice about purchasing pond products. (Point taken,
see bottom.)

I understand that there are two types of bentonite-- Sodium & Calcium.
Apparently, the sodium type clumps more, where as the calcium type, is a
bit more soluble (perhaps better, for some types of filtration.)
See: http://www.sfbakc.org/koienews/clayvsclay.html Bette E

Wow, interesting article and Chris N. is one of the KHA teachers. Sounds
like sodium and calcium are added after the fact?

I just purchaed a 25 lb. bag for $1.97 + tax, US. The bag is red, say
"Special Kitty" and the ingredient is 'ground clay'.
Think it is the same thing? It looks like a duch ... "
W. Dale

Sounds like it. Btw, what color is the clay? ~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~