Old 30-05-2005, 11:26 PM
WRabbit

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "datsy" contains these words:

I actually think you sound more ambitious than me - I'm not trying
things like aubergines, peppers and chillies in the Ayrshire
countryside -

Very sensible :-)

Janet (Arran)

I did say I was going for decoration rather than yield! Although I do hope
the courgettes and tomatoes do well.

Not far from you both in Cumbernauld, but our back garden is quite
sheltered, and if things look like they're struggling I've got a mini green
house I can slip things into. I don't have the see breezes, but I also
don't get the benefits of the gulf stream. Fond memories of a summer
holiday spent in Arran - I don't think I'll ever forget cycling from Lamlash
to Corrie (and back). How can a small island have such huge hills!

If it all goes horribly wrong it's a lesson learned. I do wish I'd planted
some mixed leaf though - when I think what I pay at the supermarket for the
bags of salad! Where's that seed catalogue...on second thoughts I feed the
slugs well enough as it is.