Old 30-05-2005, 11:35 PM
datsy

If it all goes horribly wrong it's a lesson learned. I do wish I'd
planted some mixed leaf though - when I think what I pay at the
supermarket for the bags of salad! Where's that seed catalogue...on
second thoughts I feed the slugs well enough as it is.

1. I thought you must be somewhere in the south of England with all that
veg!!
2. I haven't even started to grow the beans and squash and things - seeds
going in this week and over the next month, according to the seed packet.
3. I have started to grow to spinach and mesclun - another thing I forgot to
mention in my first post - with rocket, French salad, English salad and
others to come, again all going in at 2 - 3 week intervals from now until
August - according to the seed packet.
4. I've got copper tape round all the pots - so far absolutely no slug
damage. You can really see the difference between the herbs that are still
in their plastic garden centre pots and the ones I've already potted up.