Old 31-05-2005, 04:51 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Troy wrote:
martin Woofed :

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...633151,00.html

Read it this morning - interesting !

A house in our road has had a 20 ft high well maintained leylandii
hedge for some time. Until recently the house has been overlooking
fields. Fields now have houses built on them (yuk). A house has been
built next to the 20 ft leylandii hedge.

Can the owners of the new house demand that the hedge (which was there
before their house) be trimmed to 2 metres?

Interesting :-)

I would say no as they would have known about it when they purchased the
property. If the hedge had been 6' when they moved in and then grew another
7" then yes.

If they didn't want to live beside a Leylandii, they should have bought
somewhere else...