Old 29-09-2002, 04:49 AM
Dwayne

Default I have small ones :-(

I dont know anything about how big a Temptation is supposed to get, but
strawberries like soil that is a little bit acidic. Have you checked your
soils pH? You can mulch with pine needles, or you can buy and apply some
food for other acid loving plants and see if that will work. Good luck.
Dwayne

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
.205...

... strawberries that is.

I planted some strawberry 'Temptation' which I was tempted by on visiting

supermarket. They were planted on a stony bed covered in a layer of horse
manure, layer of compost, layers of a few other things I forget ;-)

The plants are large and healthy and are producing many berries, but the
berries are titchy. This is annoying, as I already had a garden full of
alpine strawberries that fruit copiously and grow like weeds. The berries
on these 'Temptations' are not much bigger than the Alpine ones.

Should I feed the Temptations more? More water? Or are they just a duff
batch?

Victoria Clare