Old 31-05-2005, 02:07 PM
The G Man

Default Notice - Pond help required.....

Am fairly new to looking after ponds.... Anyway, have a pond in our back
garden. It's quite a small one (only holds around 110 litres of water)
but enough for a small fountain, some pond plants and maybe (if I can
get the environment right) a few small fish. But for now I'd just
settle for a clean pond.....

The water is pea green.. Have tried Interpet Green Away & sludge buster
for nearly a month now without any noticeable improvement - have set up
my own DIY filter (a skippy up flow filter) which has been running 24/7
for about two weeks now and spiked it with plenty of good bacteria.

Have tested the water using test strips to check for nitrate/nitrite/ph
level etc but everything seems within the levels stated for a healthy
pond.

Have got several pond plants growing in an old washing up bowl ready to
be put in the pond but I want ensure that the water is safe for them
first. I put some in last year and they died within a few weeks.

Anyone got any advice as to what I can do to try and clean up the water
a bit? Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

TIA

--
The G Man