Old 31-05-2005, 08:03 PM
Koi4Me

"The G Man" wrote in message
.. .

Have got several pond plants growing in an old washing up bowl ready to
be put in the pond but I want ensure that the water is safe for them
first. I put some in last year and they died within a few weeks.

Are they getting enough sunlight? What plants did you add that died? I see
places selling plants that are not really POND plants, but damp soil lovers.
They don't always fare well in ponds. Algae killer can harm plants I read
somewhere. At this point, since your pond is so small you may be better off
simply dumping the water, cleaning it real well and starting all over. Make
sure any plants you add are real water plants.
--
Koi4Me.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.