Old 31-05-2005, 04:09 PM
VX

On Tue, 31 May 2005 12:33:00 +0100, Victoria Clare wrote
(in message . 23):

much valuable stuff snipped

This is one good reason I have found to have a wormery for kichen waste
- I can then use the worm debris to make really good peat-free potting
compost with no weed seeds in it, and the worm wee to water and feed
pots that might otherwise be struggling because the bought potting
compost in them is a bit light on nutrients.

Victoria

Thanks for the compost explanation- now I think I actually understand what's
going on!

I've been thinking about getting a wormery- it just seems like such a clever
idea. Is there any particular commercially available wormery that would be a
recommended buy, or are they generally similar?

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)