Old 31-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Bob Hobden

"Nick Maclaren" wrote
after Janet wrote:

| I don't know what you mean by "unregistered land" btw..if it's owned,
| that ownership has to be registered somewhere?

Not in England, it doesn't. Nor, I believe, Scotland.

In the former, it was made mandatory to register it when selling
it only a few decades ago; I don't know if it has to be if it
is left in a will or given away. If it has not been sold in a
long time, it may not be registered, but it may still be owned.

But if Stan has bought his property in the last few decades then his
property will be Registered Land and if he looks at his deeds, or gets a
copy from the Land Registry, it will usually show on the plan who owns which
fence.
That said they do not show exact lines of fences so you cannot use their
plans in fence position disputes egg our drive is curved and has been since
the house (and Next-door) were built, the Land Certificate shows a straight
line.

--
Regards
Bob