Old 31-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Ros Butt

Default build-a-ball

Has anybody used one of those 'build-a-ball' kits, which link bamboo canes
or tubing together. I was thinking of buying one to make a small frame to
cover in netting when I plant out my broccoli - until the 'cabbage whites'
have gone. The method I used last year, utilising some plastic mesh
fencing for the sides & covering the top in mesh, worked very well but was
difficult to get inside to weed (necessitated removing the 1,000 or so
clothes pegs securing it! I felt almost sorry for the butterflies watching
them admit defeat as they flew around looking for a way in!

I will be interested if anybody has any other ideas for a simple frame.

Many thanks
Ros
Chichester
West Sussex, UK.